Saturday, March 24, 2007

FEATURED: Renown's Premier Skins

Back in February, when Jesseaitui Petion released his Premier skins, I couldn't TP my ass down there fast enough to pick them up. While this behavior is inadvisable, I bought the skin outright without even a demo. I never for a second regretted it.

While I love ND's Dante skin, the eyeliner didn't quite have enough oomph for my taste. Jesse's skin turned out to be just what the doctor ordered, in many ways.

Not only is there enough smudgy smokiness in the eyes to make even the shyest gazes utterly X-rated, the body hair, shading and muscle definition is astounding. Jesse offers three body hair options, but the "just right" version turned out to be exactly what I was looking for.

I can also say without a trace of vanity that the response to this skin has been loads of fun, and I owe it all to Jesse! Everywhere I went I was practically (and on one occasion, literally) mauled. Everyone wanted to know where I got it, and I found myself showered unabashedly with compliments. These skins are quite a shot in the arm, to say the least!

Trouble is, now I was hooked! Like a junkie I returned to the Renown store on a nearly daily basis looking for the promised eyeshadow skins. The in-store ads taunted me with the legend "coming soon..." but it couldn't be soon enough for me. I swear I almost mugged the go-go dancing store model at one point!

Thankfully, that flavor of ignominy was avoided when I finally got my hands on them last night. This is the new red eyeshadow specialty skin, and I hope my hair isn't covering it up too much. That's Tami McCoy's "Dangerous" hair, by the way, and I have it in every crazy color. One for every day of the week, actually, and I'll be engineering outfits to trot every damn one of them out, you'll see!

Bottom line: every bit worth the wait.

But wait! There's more! When I IMed Jesse to tell him how much the red eyeshadow rawked, I mentioned offhandedly that I'd love to see something similar in silver. Imagine my surprise when about an hour later he IMed me back asking me to try on "Ice", fresh from the Renown oven! Unexpected? Yes. Every bit as good as we've come to expect from Jesseaitui Petion? You bet your marvellously hand-drawn ass!

So, kudos, Jesse, for not only rocking my world, but GLAM rocking it. I'm a sucker for anything Bowie-esque, but never dreamed I'd see such a perfect fit in-world.

Oh, and speaking of perfect fit, I can't let Jesse's new Boxer Briefs (top pic) slip by without a nod. Again, it was a case of me rushing to Renown immediately after getting the announcement and snapping up the fat pack, but holy package, Batman, again the response is totally over-the-top! The store was jammed with dudes walking around in their newly acquired underwear, which was surreal and strangely amusing. Jesse said that he found the reaction totally unexpected, and I think its clear why. These things make you look...blessed to say the least. I also think that, like the Premier skin, it's another instance of "nothing else like it on the grid".

So again, good on ya' Jesseaitui Petion! You're a true original. While the skins may not be for every shape (don't be like me - try on the demo!), those it does suit are down for life. As for everybody else? Stop by the Renown store NOW and check out Jesse's impressive selection of sexy wardrobe options. You're sure to find a tee, henley, button-down, or hell; a really killer pair of boxer briefs to suit your style.

No comments: