Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Featured: Last Call's Seul Quilted Vest

I know everyone has blogged about it already, but this is my take on it. I'd have posted this last night, but Blogger was being a right bitch and wouldn't let me upload any images. Kind of hard to convey this outfit using interpretive f**king dance, y'know?

Anyway, ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-check it out.

Featured is Last Call's Seul Quilted Vest in "Steel". Texturally this is a piece of art. You can almost hear that annoying plasticky swish that comes with clothes made of this material when you walk. It comes with or without a white tee underneath, and as you see, I've opted for the without-look for a few reasons. Well, one, actually; the Renegade crew knit tee in olive.

Designers, take note: what makes this tee (and several of the other shirts at Renegade) awesome are the options. They come on a jacket layer, like most well-tailored tees in SL, but then that eliminates the ability to wear a jacket with it doesn't it? However, Kaejo DaSilva has done something brilliant: included an optional shirt-layer tee with the extra length stashed on the underwear layer! And believe me, these shirts are good enough to go commando for! Ideally, I'd wish for every shirt in SL to have an optional jacket/shirt/undershirt layer with the tail length on the underwear layer, but that's very easy for me to say. That's a helluva lotta' work and I suspect would result in a helluva lot less shirts. In the meantime though you'll be seeing a lot more of me in Renegade's great tees, tanks, polos, and whatever the hell else I can get my filthy paws on that I can rock with jackets. Speaking of my filthy paws...

Let's talk about the Man-icure. Yes, I'm wearing black nail polish. It's from Awesome Designs, which means it's a ladies manicure, but whatever. It fits and it has a nice muted gloss and until something better comes along for the guys I'm sticking with it.

I can't forget to mention the jeans. They're from Civvies, called "grease monkey" and I am so Posy Trudeau's bitch right now. I bought out half the store as soon as it's opening was announced and I'm back like an obsessive stalker every couple of days or so looking for whatever's new. Good stuff, good stuff.

Lastly, the shoes are by Feri Beckenbauer; the men's 6 eye boots with black laces, which you'll also be seeing on me a lot as they are my de facto go-to boots. And, the scarf is the Multi Scarf from FNKY! which is scripted with color/texture/tone change that hasn't let me down yet.

So, there we have it. Not just my first fashion post, but the first fashion post on SL Shopaholics Anonymous! And it won't be the last, either. I've already got at least 4 things lined up right away that I want to talk about, and would if it wasn't nearing 2am here. Even a shopaholic has to have limits.

Cheers, kids!

No comments: